Thursday, January 26, 2017

2016 Recap (Never Too Late!)

I had this in draft and never posted it! So post jer laa walaupun January nak dekat habis dah pun.

Summary of 2016. Mekkah with mil and new baby. Lexis Hibiscus PD. Zayn's 5th birthday Tony Romas Msia. Zayn's sport day. Zayden's pre-k interview. Paris. Disneyland. Interlaken. Jungfraujoch. Zurich. Kakak's mothers day tea at school. Raya. Hospitalised for uterus infection. Wadi Samrah getaway. Zayden's Lego birthday at Wadi Samrah. Sunway Lagoon. Zayden's first day of pre-k. Ritz Carlton Bahrain. My first umrah trip after delivering Aisya. Zayn's awesome basketball experience. Lyssa's 9th birthday makan-makan. Aisya's 1st birthday. Golden Sands Penang. 10th wedding anniversary. 

 

I had an amazing 2016 alhamdulillah syukur. May Allah bless our family with endless love and happiness and all sorts of rezeki for years to come.

But I will also always remember 2016 on a sad note. I lost a dear sister to cancer. I wrote something on my notes a while ago to deal with my emotions. Never published it. Just thought I'd paste it here now. Writing is just my way to deal with my emotions.

was scrolling through the photos on my phone when I saw a picture of Wani and Rhys. I think one of the boys took this photo. Zayden probably. I remember meeting her for the first time a long long time ago. Way before me and the hubs were even married. And I also specifically remember the last time we saw each other, at the airport saying goodbyes. It was months back, after the raya holidays was over. Even though I knew she was sick, it never even crossed my mind that it would be the last time I saw her. I'm so thankful it was in His plans that we (me, hubs and kids) spent a year back home and we lived in the same house with my mom in law and got to know her a bit better. She helped me out countless times back then, taking care of (then baby) Zayden. And for some reason the most significant memory was that day we took all 6 kids out to watch Frozen together and two years plus another 2 additional babies later we laughed about how they were still enjoying that darn song! I wish there was more time to create more memories but Allah loves you more my dear sister. May Allah SWT watch over you, forgive all your shortcomings and grant you the highest ranks of Jannah. May Allah SWT also provide sabr and heal the hearts of those you leave behind. 

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rojiuun. 
We surely belong to Allah and to Him we shall return.



No comments: