Friday, April 20, 2012

Let's Be Positive

I was surfing the net the other day and a status on a social network caught my eye. It wasn't from the original post-er, just someone who shared it.

It said something like,"Kalau pakai tudung, tapi lengan baju pendek giler, baik lah tak payah pakai tudung!" Something to that effect, but I think I toned it down a bit ;-)

So I immediately thought of a conversation that I had with a very good friend of mine about how most of us are guilty of saying stuff like this, saying things in a negative manner. And about how taking of the hijab is much better at that, seriously? Are you sure?

I mean, I think I get the gist of what the post-er is trying to say, I think we all do. But by saying it in such a negative manner is just plain, tak sopan and tak manis, and maybe even wrong. So do you think by saying that, the person behind the intended meaning of the post will change?

Don't think so.

How about if we just sound it out differently and more positively like maybe, "Kalau pakai tudung dengan baju lengan panjang, mesti nampak lagi cantik, lagi manis berseri, dan paling penting tutup aurat dengan sempurna :-)"

Mesti berbezakan penerimaannya? Dapat berdakwah walaupun simple, dan paling penting tidak menjatuhkan air muka orang yang dituju (walaupun tak disebut nama) atau menyebabkan orang lain yang membaca turut terasa hati. And also we'll be staying away from ghibah.

The ironic thing about the whole thing was, the person who shared the post does cover her hair and arms, but her whole outfit in the pic is clearly form fitting :-)

We all might be guilty of something in this sense. But I'm sure most of us are trying our very best to dress as properly as the ideal muslimah should. Let's not make it harder for each other ;-)

Oh, and while I'm at it, ada jugak orang yang tak suka or think the abaya is also not a proper muslimah attire. The reason behind it? The ideal muslimah should wear something that does not attract attention. And abayas with bling-bling or even too colorful embelishments does not fit the bill :-) Wallahualam.

Yang paling penting...

Jom tutup aurat, bukan tutup kepala ;-) This one is for me too!


2 comments:

Puteri said...

Good one!

Like the last line. Tutup aurat bukan kepala.

aizuraawang said...

a lot of that now right? ;-)