Tuesday, January 11, 2011

So Here's My Plan.

In order not to add more stress to myself nanti, I will...

1) keep calm and remain strong (kuat semangat ler tuu) IF the husband cannot masuk the labor room with me nanti. Ya, saya tau sebenarnya saya lebih manja if the husband is around so I'll take it that He knows what's best.

2) ASK firmly to hold the baby as soon as they clean him up and TRY MY BEST to put him at the b's just to entice him with the colostrum. Sekejap pun jadilah. And TRY to pesan they not feed him before seeing me.

3) FEED him with my milk/colostrum as soon as they bring him back to me when I'm in my room again and tell the baby repeatedly to NOT drink the formula they (will definitely) try to feed him with.

4) NOT CRY if he IS given the formula but will try to be stronger faster and be discharged sooner so that we can go home ASAP and I can feed him on my own terms.

5) KEEP CALM, BREATHE and SEE THE POSITIVE if things don't go my way.


10 comments:

Zety Zin said...

kat sana tak sokong bf ke?

altuty said...

Zura,
I baru teringat my friend pun ada deliver kat sana. And she didn't have any issue with breastfeeding ni. Maybe tak semua hospital mcm you pernah ckp tu kut.

aizuraawang said...

Kat sini macam lagging in info. Kesedaran di hospitals tak mcm tahap kita kat sana. Posters promote bf satu pun takde kat hosp sini.

Maybe kalau kat belah Jeddah ok kot sbb mmg wujud Lactation Center so I guess boleh cari hospital yg sesuai. But I rasa itu pun tak byk.

But so far bila tanya pengalaman org yg pernah bersalin kat where I live, its the norm bila baby kuar jer, nurse jaga, kasi formula, bagi mak rehat. Mak arab nii mmg manja... So mmg tak surprising.

aizuraawang said...

Tuty... Bukan not allowed to bf or apa, but supplementing with formula is my concern. Which is normal here. Ada jer mak2 kat sini tak kisah anak dia disupplement,and they tell me "ala lepas tuu bole jer breastfeed, takde masalah". But supplementing is actually a very big deal FOR ME. Exclusive breastfeeding is not common here.

pu3natul said...

I totally understand..but like I said, be mentally prepared. If what you fear happened, don't freak out.

Doa banyak2..You can do this!

aizuraawang said...

Tuu laa... that's why. It's not that I'm giving up sebelum apa2... I'm just trying to mentally prepare myself for ANYTHING and not freak out if things don't go as planned. I just have to overcome the obstacle... kan?

And most importantly, not think any less of myself.

altuty said...

Doa banyak2, insyaAllah things will go your way. My friend yg i cakap tu pun exclusive BF, I tak perasan dia ada ckp pasal nurse supplement baby dgn formula.

InsyaAllah, Zura. jgn risau sgt nanti baby cepat pulak keluar.. :) you could tell them, "all my family members are allergic to cow's protein" haha depa musti takuutt

aizuraawang said...

Tuty... Great excuse!!!! Hahaha... - shud use that laaa...

Liz said...

Good luck good luck! Can't wait for the baby to arrive! ;)

aizuraawang said...

Thanks Liz ;-) I can't wait to hold a newborn again!!