Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

For the first time ever, I'm in charge of my own household. And I like it. I'm happy and it's fulfilling.

For the first time ever, I feel the satisfaction of having someone finishing of the food that I prepared (and then some). Seronok tengok orang makan bertambah.

Before this we lived with my in-laws (and parents) and everything is pretty well taken care of. Kira manja jugaklah. I didn't cook, clean or even do the laundry sometimes. The only thing that I did after I get home from work is take care of Lyssa. Not that I'm complaining ;-)

And now, here, I'm forced to be in charge of most of the household duties. I need to plan what to cook, what groceries to buy, make sure the detergent doesn't run out, wash the clothes, make sure there's no red items mixed with the white clothes, vacuum, wipe, dust, etc., etc. And there's also Lyssa to teach, play and learn with.

But thank god we only live in a two bedroom apartment. Seriously. At least I can do chores without worrying so much about where Lyssa is.

And I don't know how some of you moms do all that (run the household I mean) PLUS go to work. I bet its really tiring but you supermoms still do it anyway. Amazing.

Anyway just want to wish all you moms out there a Happy Mother's Day. Take a moment to go and apreciate yourselves and your own moms.


1 comment:

pu3natul said...

Yes, it's tiring..but like you said..it fulfilling. I feel satisfied doing things my way, knowing where I put stuff around the house and being in charge (beli groceries, deco the house, etc)

Tapi tu lah, we r no superwoman. As for me, I'm still failing miserably in the cooking dept. I salute working moms out there yang boleh cook on daily basis afer balik kerja.

I guess u are now enjoying the real SAHM life eh?

Happy Mother's Day awak!