Thursday, February 25, 2010

To sum up...

I have to say... I'm pretty proud of Lyssa... almost a month now...

So I think I can safely say that we are officially DONE with the whole breastfeeding thing. (Takut nak cakap awal-awal... didn't want to jinx it...).

And what an incredible 27-month journey it has been.

All documented on the old site (backed up of course).

The blisters, the engorgement, the leakings, the freaking out about pumping, the keeping up with production, the agony of missing a scheduled session, the biting, the blood, the breastmilk bandung, having a heart attack everytime there's a blackout thinking about the frozen milk, etc, etc, etc...

To sum it up...

~ First 6 months exclusively on breastmilk
~ Then it was breastmilk + homemade food (no salt no sugar no weird stuff) until about 1 y.o.
~ She was off the bottle at around 1 years old so I stopped pumping
~ Introduced her to milk boxes at that time
~ Direct feed on demand until stopped cold turkey at 27 months old

She's sleeping well. She says TAKNAK when I ask her whether she wants to breastfeed. She drinks 2 boxes of milk a day now (sometimes 3).

All's good. I'm proud of her. And me.

Next mission: diaper-free


6 comments:

precious innocent said...

jelesnye dgn lyssa.. dah big girl dah...

camne la i nak pisahkan ryan nie ek? he x suck, cuma nak comfort sucking je...

-mama emma®-

aizuraawang said...

i pun tak sangka lyssa leh quit camtuu jer... dia pun jenis nak bergantunggggggggg jugak...

Drama Mama said...

wahh well done lyssa...nak potty train pulak ek? i dun think i could ever do that! memikirkan nak kena clean up the 'mess' after them...sigh

aizuraawang said...

bai... that's why i ingat nak sub-contract to my mom jer ;-) she can handle the mess better than me!!

qahina said...

so motivated reading abt dedicated mom like you. And lyssa is so cute.. ha ha...good luck with potty training. And keep on sharing so new moms like me boleh buat strategic planning! hi hi

aizuraawang said...

hi qahina! thanks but i have to say... all credits goes to lyssa for being the amazing girl that she is (she's a girl!! no more baby!!) i'm actually just winging it and lyssa just happens to be able to follow my lead ;-)