Friday, January 15, 2010

Have you done your pap smear yet?

I had my very first pap smear done yesterday. Yup, the first one since, well, ever.

Hahahaha... two years too late.

My doc siap pot pet pot pet lagi cos I was supposed to do one after Lyssa was born. But I honestly did not feel like being examined again by medical staff after the whole birthing episode. I really could not face it at the time.

So since I wanted to get my uterus position checked out, the doc also advised me to do a pap smear. Redha sajerlah since I was already there and will do an internal exam anyway.

Honestly, it doesn't hurt if you relax, but it's just VERY uncomfortable.

Everything's fine with me (everything in the correct position) except for one thing which the doc said can get better with meds.

(But I had a tiny moment of nervousness though cos the doc also made me do a blood test to rule out ectopic pregnancy.)



7 comments:

.D d L a L a. said...

rasa sejuk tu yang i suke...

MommyDania said...

definitely kena buat lg after delivery nt. meaning? u r likely to be pregnant ke?

aizuraawang said...

.D d L a L a. (sorry tak reti nak tulis nama u camner)... i tak suka!!

fatin... no... not pregnant... i asyik rasa cramp on my left side so the doc just did a blood test to rule out pregnancy...

pu3natul said...

Zura - I did mine during my post natal check up (2 months after IY was born)..tak perasan pun the procedure was over sebab tak rasa apa pun. lucky me I guess.

Liz said...

Heh, i've done it twice so far in this lifetime. And I hated it.

.D d L a L a. said...

Dd. just call me dd. nampaknya macam i sorang jek yang suka buat pap smear which makes me a weirdo. haish...

aizuraawang said...

pu3... urghhhh... i was staring at the ceiling the whole time trying NOT to think about it... unsuccessfully!!

Liz... at least ur brave enought to have done it twice!! i chickened out the first time!!

Dd... hahahahaha... not weirdo... just brave!